Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pressure Restraint Garment Work - 4psi








Worked on improving the knee restraint garment sections. These are separate from the restraint garment on the thighs for a number of reasons. In the first photo, an old knee section with the suit at 3psi: it clearly is ineffective, binding severely. The next photo shows the new, longer knee sections, which I sewed and grommeted, fitted to the unpressurized suit. Next, the suit pressurized to 4psi, with the new knee sections (also notice new black reinforcements around the pressure fitting) doing better than the old ones. Also, photos of the left arm upper section, where, under pressure, there's a significant gap, leaving some of the pressure bladder layer exposed; another photo shows a prototype of a cinching system that I'll use to close this gap.

Finally, a photo of a dive -- I don't go below 60 feet without the spare tank and regulator that you can see here, mounted on my front. That's a very conservative, perhaps even hyper-cautious, approach...but I am still alive after many life-threatening adventures, and I attribute that in part to exactly this kind of careful approach. Always have a backup!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This paragraph is genuinely a nice one it helps new net visitors, who are wishing in favor
of blogging.

Here is my web-site ... airplane games