Saturday, June 8, 2013

Immersion Test Suit Audio

Immersion Test Suit Audio

In the linked file above, the audio from the immersion test in December '12. This audio, from a recorder inside the suit, gives you an idea of what it's like to be inside the suit. Much of the audio is just suiting up; two points are of particular interest: at 52:12 we begin a test that resulted in me getting a breath of water (a little dramatic), we then fixed the problem (a simple oversight on my part that had nothing to do with the suit itself) and tried again; at 1:07:00 we begin the test that took me down and kept me under for 7 minutes, which worked beautifully. I'm working hard a lot in the water, so I'm breathing a lot harder than usual -- but you get the idea. This is a .WMA file that should play on most platforms.

No comments: