Monday, April 13, 2009

Summer Travels With an Eye on the Arctic




Above, a chart I'm working on getting my hands on; one of these anchorages shows Salango anchorage, Ecuador...where this summer we'll be diving in search of traces of ancient Manteno maritime activity. And after that, through the summer and into the fall, I'll be piloting my paraglider as much as possible, all across Oregona nd Washington--all with an eye on the coming Winter, up in Alaska again...to fly from the peaks you see below, for landings on the sea ice. This secret place--for the moment, for a variety of reasons--is where, native Alaskans have told me, the Immanyarok have migrated in recent years...

Plenty of weird and wild tales in the loom, now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As ever, am fascinated by the Manteno work. Will you be updating your blog with your findings as you work?