Sunday, February 17, 2013

Partnership With Copenhagen Suborbitals!

I am thrilled to announce that I have entered a partnership with Copenhagen Suborbitals, a private space flight group. I will be building a pressure suit for their astronaut; we start this summer, when I'll travel to Denmark to demonstrate my prototype and test it in an altitude chamber, take measurements of their pilots, and return home to begin fabrication. Their suit will be different from mine, which I will continue to build for my stratosphere expedition.

For the moment, lots to do, but a little time for celebration; I am part of a space program, at long, long last, after a quest that has cost me a lot in every way.

Above, Kristian von Bengston and his prototype capsule, recent photos of the build and a recent diagram, from my sketchbook, for the pressure suit manual. A good synopsis of the CS project can be found here.

No comments: